How Often Should Men Wash Their Hair?
Flow maketh man.
Maintaining healthy and stylish hair is a priority for many men. However, in their pursuit of the perfect ‘do, some don’t consider the importance of washing frequency. That’s why MANSCAPED™ is here to get to the root of your roots. Cleaning your hair is a delicate balance of washing and waiting, giving your head time to do its thing.
So, how often should you wash your hair?
While we’d love to give you a straightforward answer like ‘every three days’ or ‘whenever it’s dirty,’ the answer is not that. Various factors, including hair type, lifestyle, and personal preferences influence the ideal frequency of hair washing.
No matter your hair, you can shower assured. Finding the right balance of health and style always goes smoothly with our UltraPremium 2-In-1 Shampoo + Conditioner. This dynamic formulation cleanses and nourishes in just one step.
Where the hair meets the scalp.
To determine your routine, you have to look deep within your follicles. It's essential to understand the characteristics of hair and scalp. The scalp has a mind of its own, producing natural oils called sebum, which help moisturize and protect the hair. Excessive oil production can lead to greasy hair, giving it an unpleasant sheen, like Charlie in his 50s. On the other hand, not enough sebum can make your hair act like a bad friend—flaky and dry.
Straight, wavy, curly, coily—whoever said all men are created equal wasn’t talking about hair. Knowing your hair type is the first step toward maintaining a healthy and awe-inspiring mane.
If you need help figuring it out, we've got you covered here. If you already know your type, keep reading for suggestions on how often to wash.
Here’s a breakdown of techniques for your unique type and style.
- Oily Hair: Wash every day or every other day to control oiliness.
- Dry Hair: Wash every two to three days to help retain natural oils and prevent excessive dryness.
- Curly Hair: Wash every two to three days to help maintain moisture and prevent frizz.
- Normal or Combination Hair: Wash every two to four days to balance oil levels.
- Fine Hair: Wash every other day or every two days to help maintain volume.
- Thick Hair: Wash every two to four days or even longer to prevent excessive drying and maintain natural moisture.
Live this hair lifestyle.
If you live life rough, your hair is likely to show it. Those who engage in physical activities or have jobs that involve exposure to dirt, sweat, or environmental pollutants may need to wash their hair more often. Cleanliness is a top priority, so don’t worry about your natural oils when you know your hair needs a refresh. Additionally, men who use styling products regularly are likely to create a buildup in their hair and should wash more often.
Get personal with your hair.
You can lead a man to water, but you can’t make him wash. Personal preferences are huge when it comes to haircare routines. Some individuals simply prefer the feeling of freshly washed hair, while others appreciate a more relaxed and natural approach. If washing your hair in the morning gets your head right, don’t limit yourself from feeling your best. Listen to your locks, they’ll tell you where they want to go.
The right shampoo and conditioner.
With coconut water, green tea, aloe, turmeric, and sage, the 2-In-1 Shampoo + Conditioner from MANSCAPED™ is naturally hydrating and rich in antioxidants to revitalize the look and feel of your hair. A generous lather is all you need for a rich and luscious look.
Beyond frequency, certain practices can help maintain healthy and stylish hair:
- Use a gentle wash: 2-In-1 Shampoo + Conditioner from MASCAPED™ will help avoid stripping away essential oils and restore moisture.
- Don't nerf your hair with excessive products: Limit the use of hairstyling products to prevent product buildup, which can lead to scalp irritation and hair damage.
- Protect hair from heat: Try to avoid heat styling tools and always apply a heat protectant before using them. The only thing worse than the smell of burnt hair is the look of it.
- Nourish from within: A balanced diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, contributes to overall hair health.
The bottom line of washing your top.
For the majority of men, a hair washing routine of 2-3 times a week strikes a perfect balance. This frequency allows the natural oils to nourish your hair, promoting healthier growth and maintaining its shine. That being said, to find your frequency you have to understand yourself. Get scientific with it. Experimentation, observation, and our 2-In-1 Shampoo + Conditioner will get you to where you want to be. So go with the flow and your hair will follow.
The Lawn Mower® 5.0 Ultra vs. The Lawn Mower® 4.0: What’s New?
In the realm of personal grooming, precision and...
2023 Grooming Gift Ideas for Men.
2023 Grooming Gift Ideas for Men. Whether you're...