How To Use a Foil Shaver
When you’re buffing your marble bust, a foil shaver is the perfect tool to leave your face looking smooth and refined. Designed for mobility, precision, and comfort, this stubble wrangler can give you a close shave on the go. If you're ready to elevate your grooming routine, follow this short guide on the art of foil shaving.
Set the stage
The performance of shaving starts long before the shower curtains are drawn. Before you dive head-first into using a foil shaver consider the following:
- Don't get your beard wet and make things worse on yourself, just go grab your electric trimmer. Dry shaving is recommended for trimming your beard hedges.
- Start by getting rid of your long beard hair first with a clipper-style blade with your preferred beard trimmer device. This pre-trim step will also help reduce the workload for your foil shaver and not only that, but it might struggle to get through that thick scruff depending on how long it is.
- Next, dampen your face with a warm, wet towel to soften your stubble and open up those pores. Refreshing your face will make the entire shaving process smoother and more comfortable.
Preparation is key
If you want to cut with the precision of a surgeon, you need to prep like one. Apply a generous amount of pre-shave oil to the target area if you prefer, but it's not always necessary. However, if you've got sensitive skin you might want to as lubricated skin will allow your foil shaver to effortlessly glide over the contours of your face. Pre-shave oil also nourishes and moisturizes your skin, preventing irritation and razor burns.
Wield your tool
Now that you're fully prepped, it's time to grab your foil shaver. These grooming machines are designed with advanced technology to get skin close. The ultra-thin foils ensure that no hair goes unshaven. Many foil shavers also utilize an ergonomic design that's form-fitting to your hand and easy to maneuver.
Technique over talent
You’re a natural, man, but foil shaving is all about the fundamentals. When using a foil shaver, it's important to remember a few key techniques:
- Start by holding the shaver at a 90-degree angle against your skin to perfectly align the blades. Then it’s all in the flick of the wrist.
- Using gentle, short strokes, (like you’re painting a mural) move the shaver against the direction of hair growth. The foils will effortlessly catch and trim the hair, leaving your skin flawlessly groomed.
- Take your time and let the shaver do the work—there’s no need to force it or apply excessive pressure.
- While the foil shaver does the job, your style is up to you. You can shave around an
existing look, cleaning up the skin around your mustache, sideburns, or goatee, or you can go all in for a fully smooth look.
To maintain optimal performance, make sure you clean your foil shaver after each use. Remove the foil and gently brush away any hair residue with a dry towel or any included cleaning tools. For a more thorough clean, you can also rinse the foils under running water (if your device is waterproof, otherwise be careful). Be sure to dry each piece before reassembling it for your next session.
The finishing touch
Aftershave, the best part of every groom. Enjoy that light burn, that gentle tingle that wakes you up in the morning. Finish off your routine by applying a few drops to calm your skin, reduce redness, and moisturize your freshly shaved face.
Thanks to the precision of a foil shaver, you now have the tools to achieve a smooth and refined look. Like a facial suit and tie, a proper shave will have you looking sharp, confident, and ready to take on the day.
The Lawn Mower® 5.0 Ultra vs. The Lawn Mower® 4.0: What’s New?
In the realm of personal grooming, precision and...
2023 Grooming Gift Ideas for Men.
2023 Grooming Gift Ideas for Men. Whether you're...