5 Reasons Why You Should Be Drinking More Whiskey
Let’s be honest: No one really needs a reason drink more whiskey, but since it's the end of a long work week, let's make up some reasons: stress (solution - whiskey), we work too much and too hard (solution - whiskey), we don’t sleep or eat well (solution- whiskey), we’re bored (solution - whiskey). Get the drift? As if you need it, here are five more reasons to drink more whiskey.
- If you're watching your waistline, we have good news: Whiskey has no carbs and only 64 calories per serving ( versus a serving of wine at 130 calories)! So you don't have to worry about a beer gut or wine waistline, whiskey can get the job done with little caloric sacrifice. It won’t destroy all the hard work you put in at the gym, even if you do have a glass or three or five.
- Does too much beer make you gassy and bloated? Not whiskey! This wonder drink actually aids in digestion. Eat up and don’t feel bad about it because whiskey will help. Top tip: Pair your whiskey with rich foods like desserts, cheese, and fatty meats. Not only will it sooth your stomach, but whiskey will also enhance flavors of these "forbidden" foods.
- Whiskey will help you live longer. Really. Not only does it help prevent diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's, it's also particularly effective on a pesky cold. So drink up those Hot Toddies when you’re sick, because you’ll feel a lot better. Note: This is our favorite method of disease prevention.
- It's versatile and non-seasonal. Don't restrict whiskey to just one season. This wonder spirit can be made into a refreshing cocktail for the summer months and a warm, soothing drink for the colder months. There are so many types of whiskeys, all with their own unique and complex flavors, creating endless ways to mix it up (literally).
- You’re a man. You may not know how that relates to drinking whiskey, but let us explain. Men tend to have weaker palates than women, so they can't usually taste the nuances in most spirits. Because whiskey has a strong flavors compared to other spirits, men are able to "taste" it more. Make sense? This is why most men prefer whiskey to other spirits. So although you may not be able to taste the complex subtleties, you can still enjoy a tasty glass of whiskey.