How to Grow a Beard
Maybe you’re going for a new look or maybe you’re just tired of being a carded every time you buy a six-pack at the store, Manscaped is here to guide you through the growing that glorious beard you’ve always dreamed of.
- Shape you face: You want your beard to compliment and accentuate the features of your face. Make sure you beard is in a shape that flatters you face and sculpts out that masculine jawline!
- Resist the urge to trim: When you’re initially growing out your beard, it's going to look weird and awkward but resist the urge to trim or shave. We promise it will get better!
- Don’t scratch: If you’re not used to the scruffiness it is going to be very irritating and annoying but just don’t scratch it! You could risk infection or cause the skin become inflamed! If you feel the itch coming on or the hairs are starting to cause irritation and flakiness on your face, try using an oil to alleviate the itchiness and soften the hairs.
- Care for your beard: Just like you would wash your hair and scalp, you need to wash your beard and face. A lot of dirt and residue can get stuck in there and it will not only irritate your skin but will make it flaky and dry. That doesn’t make your beard look good. Try to clean your beard well and exfoliate in and around your beard.
- Maintenance: This is very important because you really don’t want your beard to look wild and unkempt. Depending on your beard style, you may have to do weekly to daily maintenance. Keep up with trimming and shaving any unnecessary areas to avoid looking like a caveman, unless that’s what you’re going for.